Sometimes you may want to change your homepage in Safari to something different.
- Open Safari
- Click on the word "Safari" in the upper left of the screen (next to the apple) and select "Preferences".
- Alternatively, when Safari is open and you can see the word Safari in the upper left, you can also hold down the command key ( ⌘ ) and press the comma to bring up the preferences too).
- Once in preferences, make sure you are on the "General" tab (looks like a light switch).
- In the middle of that screen where is says "Homepage", change the address to whatever you'd like to have then hit the return key.
- After you make that change, your browser will default to that webpage everytime you go open your homepage.
- From here, you can simply click the little red dot in the upper left corner of THAT window to close it.....or press ⌘-W.